Bug report

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Oct 26 20:42:43 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Les Mikesell wrote:
>> Karl Larsen wrote:
>>

>>>    I had to decide for sure I do not know what is causing the
>>> problem, and then it was I who clicked on the not a bug thing on the
>>> bug form.
>>
>> Have you tried removing the makeactive directive to see if it is
>> affecting the bios drive concepts?
>>
>    Not yet Les but will soon. I am thinking about making it just root
> (hd1,2) and chainload. I will do that today.

    Hi Les, I just reboot to the SATA hard drive after doing two things.
First I found bootable partitions on both drives. The PARTA had the Swap
partition /dev/sda1 bootable :-)
and the SATA had the partition with Linux /dev/sda3 bootable. I erased
both with fdisk and then rebooted to the SATA using this in grub.conf:

root (hd1,2)
chainload

It booted up exactly like it did with the old grub stuff. So I will now
update my grub paper I am still working on. I will upgrade what it takes
to boot up another grub. This is without doubt the best way to boot
several Linux or windows systems with grub.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User