Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 22:34:27 UTC 2007

John Bradley wrote:
> Taking another aproach...
>
> I've loaded LINUX on to another hard drive hoping to be able to access
> the data on the drive without xwindows.  Now find that although the
> various partitions are present, I don't have the necessary access to
> mount them - even as root.
>
> Any suggestions?  Please let me have them.

If you just want to copy some data, you don't need xwindows for that. If
you do need X, an easier way to get access would probably have been to
boot a Knoppix or similar run-from-CD distribution.

What does "don't have necessary access" mean?  What command are you
using and what error do you get?

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com