nvidia

Bruce Byfield bbyfield at axion.net
Sat Oct 27 21:17:14 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-28-10 at 14:45 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:

>     You didn't need to mention that I have a choice. I can change to
> Windows which due to it's cost includes what a person with my computer
> needs to work. Fedora does not and plans if your accurate to make it
> even harder for a user to use your free product.

Why "even harder"? The policy isn't changing. It's the same one that
Fedora has always used.

> That sounds counter
> productive to me.

That depends on whether you value software freedom or not. If you do,
then Fedora is doing exactly what it should be doing, and a few
inconveniences are an acceptable price to pay for maintaining your
political and philosophical opinion.

If you don't -- if all you want is an operating system that doesn't cost
you anything and operates as efficiently as possible -- then, yeah, I
suppose it must sound counter-productive. But, in that case, your
priorities are greatly out of line with Fedora's.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421-7177
Burnaby, BC, Canada