nvidia

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.co.uk
Sun Oct 28 23:11:04 UTC 2007

Thus, Karl Larsen at Sun Oct 28 22:43:12 2007 inscribed:
[snip]
>    Well after all this "why we can't do a dam thing" let's consider how to
> help a new user of Fedora x who stumbles onto this list and is asking for
> help with the usual nvidia problems. We need someone to get those people
> headed in the right direction. I will be willing to do that. As I looked
> today nvidia is a big company making a lot of money. My computer is full of
> there stuff. Since Fedora x will just work terrible with nvidia I think we
> must be ready to help.

As far as I can tell, those users does receive help, and sometimes a
nudge in the direction of graphics cards that don't need the
closed-source, proprietary drivers. (Like Intel graphics cards or now
recently, ATI.)

It is also not rocket-surgery to head over to nvidia.com and click
through to the driver download site. It even works in
elinks. Out-of-the-box, Fedora tends to work rather well with nVidia
graphics cards.

It is admirable that you are volounteering to help these new users
though.

--
Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.co.uk>
All-Round Linux Tinkerer & RHCE