Flat Monitors

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 29 18:07:06 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:46:55 +1030
Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> If you do any graphic work, LCDs are crap.  The colours/shading/etc
> change radically depending on your angle of view.

You may want to clarify that a bit further.

I do some desktop publishing and have found that my flat-screen monitors are
much nicer for that purpose than the old CRT's, no matter how big they are.

I find it much easier to get stuff lined up and see how it will ultimately look
on paper when I have a non-curved surface to view the work on.

On the other hand, my desktop publishing efforts are ultimately destined to be
printed on a press that can do single colours ("grey scale" and spot colours)
only. Perhaps if I had more involvement with full-colour printing my opinion
would be different.