Can Galeon still run under Fedora 7 (or 8)? -- YES!

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Tue Oct 30 18:03:05 UTC 2007

On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:03:41 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> On 28/10/2007, Beartooth <Beartooth at swva.net> wrote:
[...]
>>         Any idea when that might be?
>
> galeon-2.0.3-12.fc7 has been entered into the Fedora Updates System,
> waiting to be published.

	Blessed be the names of the developers and maintainers! Having
done my erstwhile time in the dependency hells of old, I can but shout
"Praise them with great praise!"

	I just kept trying "yum update" daily, till one completed.

	Then I did "yum install galeon" on the one that had lost it.

	Not only did it go without a hitch, it launched Galeon with the
usual question whether I wanted to restore my tabs from the last time. I
told it I did, and it did. Slick as a whistle.