can't get Xnest to work against Fedora 7

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Oct 31 02:35:15 UTC 2007

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 18:31:07 -0700
Hugh Caley <hughc at aldon.com> wrote:

> I have installed xorg-x11-server-Xnest-1.3.0.0-9.fc7 on my Fedora 7
> desktop, but I cannot get it to work against two other Fedora 7 boxes.

I was making a custom gdm theme a month or two back and couldn't get xnest to
work for me then either.  I eventually gave up and just installed my theme and
logged out to see how it worked.  Which was a lot more inconvenient than it
needed to be but at least I got the job done.

xnest used to work for that purpose -- the last time I made a gdm theme was in
the FC6 or FC6 days, I think, and it worked fine then.