kernel panic

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 6 00:52:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 18:46:49 -0600
Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:

>     We are all in the dark Jacques. I have no way of telling what the
> new computer has in the way of ram (I have 2 gb of 400 MHz Buffalo
> Select stuff but there is no information on what the computer calls it.
> And I don't know what kind of Internet cards are in the mother board.

There are ways of checking the bios settings and of booting "special" CD's to
make these determinations.  However, it won't do you much good to find out when
you don't know what to do with the information once you have it.  (And you have
demonstrated an inability to accept good advice and to follow directions,
unfortunately.)

>     I don't know what goes in the /etc/modprobe.conf file. It is all one
> great mystery.

Well, there you go then.  That's what Anaconda is for, so do a new installation
and let Anaconda do its stuff.  Get F7 up and running, be happy and go about
your business.