livna nvidia update problem

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Sep 23 22:21:30 UTC 2007

Mail List wrote:

> On Sunday 23 September 2007 01:36:22 pm Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Mail List wrote:
>
>> You should be able to remove the module without shutting down X. The
>> file will remain on the disk until it is no longer being used, but
>
>   Okay then this is a packaging problem ?

Not exactly - if you have the kmod-nvida package set as an
install-only package on YOUR machine, then the update will fail. If
you do not, then the update will update the package. But I believe
it will also remove the packages for older kernels. This is an
unusual case - an update of a install-only package.

Take a look at the installonlypkgs option of yum.conf. (man yum.conf)

Mikkel