Double Sided Printing with OpenOffice.org

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Mon Sep 24 11:09:52 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-23 at 20:43 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> I suspect from the fact that Evince did it right that Reader and OOo
> have problems, not the printer driver.

There are lots of things that applications can get wrong with duplex
prints, especially with multiple copies.  It took a long time to get it
right for OpenOffice.org in Fedora Core 6; I do hope it hasn't regressed
in Fedora 7. :-(

> RFE: It would be nice if programs showed the command line they build
> for ghostscript. It would help diagnose problems like this.

That isn't how it works.  The only program that builds a ghostscript
command line is foomatic-rip, invoked as a filter by cupsd to handle a
job.

If applications shipped by Fedora are getting duplexing wrong, please
file bugs against those applications.

Tim.
*/