Internet traffic and Azureus -

Res res at ausics.net
Tue Sep 25 10:03:32 UTC 2007

On Tue, 25 Sep 2007, Tim wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-09-25 at 17:41 +1000, Res wrote:
>> anyone who sits there legal or otherwise, for an entire month
>> 24/7 doing 160-170 kB/s non stop, is more in need of a life than
>> me :)
>
> There's any number of people who have a television running, almost
> non-stop, whether they're really paying attention to it or not.  They
> also tend to be the people who phone you at awkward times, and still
> keep their TV running full blast in the background so you've got a

"pardon? pardon? im having trouble heareing you" :) they soon get the
message, and yeah its horribly annoying, i had one wanka once who wouldnt
i asked him to wait, put him on hold, wlaked into hte DC, and deliberately
tuned the radio station off, so he was hearing whitenoise :D sadly so was
everyone else, but it was worth it.

> headache within a few minutes.  Though I tend to agree about the needing
> a real life retort to that.  ;-)

hehehe

> I used to run the radio most of the day (and the TV off!), but that was
> a real radio, and electricity costs are far less than data costs.
> People do expect to be able to do the same sort of thing, internet-wise.

yeah, typical radio streams at 3 kB/s that is not going to hurt anyone or
thing tho.

--

Cheers
Res