Moving F7

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Sep 26 11:50:11 UTC 2007

    I went through moving an entire existing F7, this one, from one hard
drive to another. It worked but I had a real problem with initrd. This
file has within it the partition it expects to find the system. I have
it working right now since the /boot is in another partition from the
rest of the system.

    In theory if I do things just like on this hard drive on the new
hard drive it should work. But I would like to know how to change initrd
to work to a different partition than it was initially set for.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User