Re: How to modify xorg.conf from command line in rescue console (F7)

> Detailed instructions on how to start a command line editor for this
> file would be appreciated as well as how to save and exit from it.

I prefer the emacs editor myself. Normally it requires a X server, but it can
be started in console mode with the -nw switch

so, I would do

 $ emacs -nw xorg.conf

edit the file

to save control-x control-s

to exit control-x control-c

Chris

p.s. beware - the backspace key sometimes deletes the 'wrong' way in -nw
mode...