LEAVE Karl along (WAS Re: DD not working--SUCCESS!)

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez manuel at todo-linux.com
Sun Sep 2 13:11:16 UTC 2007

El Domingo, 2 de Septiembre de 2007 14:53, Mike Chambers escribió:
> On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 08:01 -0400, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> >   ***why***, karl, for god's sake, do you keep inflicting your mostly
> > pointless and oftentimes erroneous meanderings on this mailing list?
> > how many people need to ask you to get a blog before you take it
> > seriously?  really, how many?  give us a number, and we'll see what we
> > can do.
>
> <Steps on soap box>
>
> You and everyone else that keeps jumping on Karl's back just needs to
> please QUIT! You (not you personally rjay) guys/girls that keep harping
> on him and jumping on him just need to stop.  You all are being more
> annoying then HE is by yelling at him.  I have emailed him off list week
> or two ago, and explained a few things and did it in a nice, compelling
> and calm email.  And since then, he has somewhat (maybe not totally yet)
> calmed his emails down to a point, and trying to follow the *list rules*
> as they are so called.  He wrote a frickin paper (and it was to HIM not
> really US), to outline about dd, and he was just posting to help pick at
> it a little.  Help correct it and leave it alone.  That is up to him to
> follow your advice.  If you try and he don't, then fine leave it alone
> and don't reply anymore.
>
> Please, he has calmed it down some, I certainly noticed, so let him be
> and do what he's going.  Sheesh, he's doing heck of a lot better at
> participating then the people that get on here and do nothing but moan
> and complain.  At least he is trying to participate and be a part of
> Fedora.
>
> <off soap box>
>
> Sorry for stealing your email rjay and using it to reply to, just was
> the one that caught me going initially.  Have a nice day all :)

Yep, I noticed he calmed down, but I wonder why after all those previus
replies (previous to this thread), even the mail you have said you sent to
him, why does he still keep using this mailing list as his personal blog?

I appreciate people who tried to get involved in all the linux stuff,
especially in Fedora. Writting manuals, translating things etc...but I don't
understand how he tries to write a howto which is wrong and may make people
to get confused when they read it (since google will index it).
I do understand if he wants to write some PERSONAL documentation (as he said),
but, I don't see the point in sending it to the list.

I've also noticed Karl is trying to help new people here as much as he can,
and that's great, but from that to write useful papers...

All the best.
Manuel

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.