100% CPU useage with ZynAddSubFx. (Fedora 7)

Nigel Henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sun Sep 2 16:12:18 UTC 2007

On Sunday 02 September 2007 17:26, Gérard Milmeister wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 17:02 +0200, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > I sort of suspect Lash, and it will be
> > interesting to see if it was a dep for Zyn on FC5.
>
> I doubt it has anything to do with lash.
> Are you running beryl? I get more xrun's from jack when running beryl.
> --
> Gérard Milmeister
> Langackerstrasse 49
> CH-8057 Zürich

No. Just KDE, as I do on all my installs.

I've tried it with the planetccrma realtime kernel, but there also an updated
pam with the stuff from planetccrma, and perhaps because I've got Selinux
enabled (enforcing), it's been saved as an rpmnew. That's something else to
fix.

Interesting also is, if I minimise Zyn to the taskbar the CPU useage drops to
normal levels. It's only when it's open on the desktop, that I'm getting this
severe CPU useage. It's somehow GUI related. If I click on it in the taskbar,
and click on the "X" to close it, then minimise it again, the box opens on
the desktop asking if I want to close it. I click "close and not save", and
Zyn shutsdown with no problems.

I'll post back after asking Fernando.

Thanks for your help.

Nigel.

I'll ask Fernando at planetccrma. He's been building packages for music apps
since RH9, and may have some idea of what the problem is.