DD not working--SUCCESS!

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 2 17:11:05 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-09-02 at 14:39 +0200, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> El Domingo, 2 de Septiembre de 2007 14:01, Robert P. J. Day escribió:
> >
> >   ***why***, karl, for god's sake, do you keep inflicting your mostly
> > pointless and oftentimes erroneous meanderings on this mailing list?
> > how many people need to ask you to get a blog before you take it
> > seriously?  really, how many?  give us a number, and we'll see what we
> > can do.
> >

> He doesn't understand either what a blog or a mailing list is.
Pardon me,
but while Karl is sometimes annoying, the repeated piling on is really
beginning to get to me.  I like this list and I do use it.  Where Karl
is wrong, tell him what is wrong and why.  Then let it go.

Karl, quit baiting for trolls.

Now, please try to be civil, try to give information that is helpful,
and where Karl is wrong, edit the information and correct it.  That
won't take any longer than this continual bickering.  In addition, this
stuff will prevent others, especially new folks, from joining the list.
They will know that some of their questions are old to us, and when they
see someone continually taken to task, why would they risk saying
anything.  Think about it.

	For me, I'm a crusty old codger and generally state my mind, so it
doesn't prevent me from speaking up, but most people are much more
timid, especially when it comes to highly technical things like OS's and
computers.  We do want new people on Linux, don't we?

Regards,
Les H