C++ compilers on Linux supporting 64bit architecture?

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Sep 2 19:11:50 UTC 2007

Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Sep 2007 15:10:28 +0100, Chris Jones
> <jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>

> As described above....
> But from another poster I have nbow realized that as long as the
> developers are on the local network and we have one 64bit Linux
> machine running each of them can use an X terminal and log on to the
> Linux machine and do their work from their own PC:s.
> So that is probably the final solution.

    Yes Bo. I was going to suggest just that solution. All developers
can ssh to the one 64 bit Linux computer and run their work from a
Terminal which will have GCC G++ and make. Do recall that there are many
basic types of C++ and you need to let them know which to use.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User