Re: C++ compilers on Linux supporting 64bit architecture?

>     Yes Bo. I was going to suggest just that solution. All developers
> can ssh to the one 64 bit Linux computer and run their work from a
> Terminal which will have GCC G++ and make. Do recall that there are many
> basic types of C++ and you need to let them know which to use.

Not sure what you mean....

There are not "many basic types of c++", there is in fact only one standard

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C++

Maybe what you mean is there are various different C++ compilers around ?

In an ideal world, all compilers would implement the standard in exactly the
same way, so C++ that compiles and  runs with one compiler would do so with
all others.

Life isn't anywhere near as simple.

In fact, code that compiles withone version of gcc (http://gcc.gnu.org/), the
default compiler that comes with basically any linux platform, may not work
with another version out the box.

Chris