Re: How to mount existing lvm drive on multi boot sytem

Thanks Laurentiu. Looking at the docs, it sounds like I want to avoid using vgexport/import because I still want to use it from my FC3 system, at least until I finish getting the Fedora 7 partition all set up (it's a MythTV server). If I run vgscan on it instead, will that make any changes to the volume that would prevent me from booting back into FC3 and mounting it from there? Laurentiu Coica writes:
After I do this, how do I configure LVM on Fedora 7 so it finds the existing
physical and logical volumes?
On Fedora 7, run all (or parts) of next command:
  mkdir /video
  vgscan
or:
  vgimport vg-video
  vgchange -a y vg-video
(if this volume goup was exported on fc3)
fsck /dev/vg-video/lvol1
echo "/dev/vg-video/lv01 /video ext3 defaults 1 2" >> /etc/fstab
mount /video
For more information: man vgscan, vgexport/vgimport, vgchange,
vgcfgbackup/vgcfgrestore and vgconvert (if VG from fc3 have LVM1
metadata format)
--
Laurentiu Coica