yum-updatesd daemon does it work?[SOLVED]

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 04:51:35 UTC 2007

On 9/3/07, Danny Yee <danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au> wrote:
> It's not notifications I have problems with.  I've never managed to
> get yum-updatesd to do anything at all, either on Fedora Core 6 or
> Fedora 7, on nearly a dozen different machines.  It starts up happily
> and logs no problems, but it never downloads or installs any packages.
>
> Running yum manually, or out of cron, works just fine, so there's no
> problem with my yum config.

Get the yum-updatesd from Fedora 8 test version. It will work to do
the auto downloads. I'm       using it.

$ rpm -q yum-updatesd
yum-updatesd-0.4-1.fc8

Assuming you turn on the auto updates in the config file.  By default,
it does not install things.

Believe me, this will work.  I was one of the complainers here about
yum-updatesd for quite a while

--
Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science