Re: help with ssh ?

Kevin Kempter wrote:

Most DNS failures for ssh are set at about 120 seconds by default.

Good Luck!

You are exactly correct. Can I tweak the 120 seconds timeout? also can I tell ssh to not try the DNS lookup?

The quick fix is to put the relevant IP's and names in the hosts files. Or set up a DNS server for your LAN that either knows the right names or will fail quickly.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com