Problem setting up IMAPS

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Sep 5 11:19:21 UTC 2007

IMAPS is sort of working on my server/laptop;
but I only get new mail on my laptop
after I run kmail on the server.

On my laptop, I have an IMAPS account pointing to my server.

On the server I am running dovecot;
the relevant lines of /etc/dovecot.conf are:
--------------------------------
protocols = imap imaps
ssl_listen = *:993
ssl_disable = no
mail_location = maildir:~/Mail/inbox
protocol imap {
     listen = *:143
     ssl_listen = *:993
}
--------------------------------

On the server kmail has 2 Accounts;
A Local account, which collects mail from /var/spool/mail/tim ,
and an IMAPS account, which points to itself, as www.<server>.com .
New mail goes into IMAPS/inbox (I'm not sure why).

On the server, .procmailrc contains the lines

        MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
        DEFAULT=/var/spool/mail/tim
        DROPPRIVS=yes

Any advice or suggestions gratefully received,
particularly from anyone running IMAPS + kmail.
I should say that I am running Fedora 7 on server and laptop.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366