OT: Acrobat Reader needs plugin?

Mike McCarty Mike.McCarty at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 5 16:23:47 UTC 2007

Les wrote:

> I went to the site and looked at the plugin installation page, then
> followed a couple of links to some discussion on the subject.  They are

Yah, with a little prompt from Craig, I found it, too.

> using DRM, but not calling it that.  I will cease recommending anything
> from Cambridge press from here on out.  Sorry guys.  I detest a company

So will I. If I buy it, I should own my copy.

> that thinks everyone is ripping them off (even if it is happening to
> some degree, I purchased the book, and I do not want anyone snooping
> about on my system or reading habits.  Frankly, it is none of their

I also own a copy of the book, and agree wholeheartedly with your
statement.

> business.  I think a civil suit for peeping should be appropriate to
> such organizations. Just my opinion.

Going too far, I think. What damages have you incurred? Contacting them
and letting them know who you are, that you object, and what your
planned actions are may have more effect, anyway.

> 	However for now, my censureship will be that I will email my friends
> and tell them what the plugin does and to avoid it.  YMMV.

No, My Mileage will NOT VARY. That thing has already suffered an
ignominious death on my machine.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.