How to install Thunderbird in linux?

I have just installed Fedora7 on a virtual machine and now I would
like to get my email program on there as well (Thunderbird).
So I went to mozilla and downloaded the Thunderbird install files.
But now what?

I am used to Windows and there usually is a "setup" or "install"
program one executes, but here I have a gz archive that I have
unpacked to a /Thunderbird folder in my home dir. Lots of files and
folders.
But what do I do now?

As you may understand I am completely new to Linux so I could probably
only use GUI tools. Is there a manager for installed programs in
Fedora7?

Bo Berglund