changing intrd

I read the man initrd and it said to make a new file for use you do this:

CONFIGURATION
The /dev/initrd is a read-only block device assigned major number 1 and minor number 250. Typically /dev/initrd is owned by root.disk with mode 0400 (read access by root only). If the Linux system does not have /dev/initrd already created, it can be created with the following
      commands:

              mknod -m 400 /dev/initrd b 1 250
              chown root:disk /dev/initrd
Also, support for both "RAM disk" and "Initial RAM disk" (e.g. CON- FIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD=y ) support must be com- piled directly into the Linux kernel to use /dev/initrd. When using
      /dev/initrd, the RAM disk driver cannot be loaded as a module.

Well I looked for /dev/initrd in this computer and there is none! So I think the man page is wrong! Well this is it about for me. All the Google data is for Red Hat 6.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User