Re: how to locate a yum repo containing a particular package?

>> Perhaps you could help find someone willing to maintain this package
>> in fedora.  volunteers? :)
>
> ah, i wasn't aware that it hadn't even been yum-ified yet.  that
> explains the fruitlessness of my search.

Something very cool for that situation you might not be aware of (I
tripped over it randomly some months ago).  Download the rpm as usual,
but instead of

rpm -i <rpm file>

do

yum localinstall <rpm file>

this will do the same as rpm -i, but yum will go out and download and
install any dependencies needed by the rpm you downloaded in the same
action (assuming they are in repos it knows about).

-Andy