kernel panic

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Thu Sep 6 16:34:30 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 17:18 +0100, Andy Green wrote:

> > At this point it's for my own trouble shooting knowledge and
> > understanding of the boot process that I ask this seeing Karl has
> > resolved that portion of his problem.
>
> Well, yes Karl apparently made the problem go away somehow leaving
> nobody the wiser.
----
he booted from installer disk and did an upgrade install - of course
after I suggested that he didn't have the skills to repair it himself,
to wit...

> Short of above...re-install directly on the hardware you are going to
> be
> using and problems go away.

to which came his 'bullshit' comment and then surprise, he runs the
installer anyway and it fixes his problem.

--
Craig White <craig at tobyhouse.com>