Removing Grub

Unfortunately, I have to re-install Windows (from the Toshiba backup
disk for the computer) on a system that was running Fedora Core 6. I
deleted all the partitions, made a new partition, and formatted as NTFS.
But when I boot from the back up disk, after awhile "GRUB" appears in
the upper left hand corner of the screen and the install stops. I know
this is not a Windows mailing list, but I don't understand why GRUB
appears and I can't re-install. I don't see any partition for grub. How
can I get rid of grub?

Rick