Re: yumex wedges upgrading kernel in /sbin/new-kernel-pkg & friends

> Gang,
>
> I'm looking for suggestions on this one....

>>  5085 pts/10   D+     0:00  |                                                   \_ /sbin/nash --forcequiet

Why not run yum via strace -f and try to figure out what nash is up to.

One of the things mkinitrd likes to do, maybe via nash, who knows?, is
reach out and twiddle devices like floppies.  If there is something
about your floppy situation that could invite a hang...

-Andy