/boot/grub/device.map in F7

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Sep 7 11:19:54 UTC 2007

Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since F7, IDE disks are named /dev/sdx (libata!) and no more /dev/hdx
> (as in previous FCs), but in /boot/grub/device.map they still are called
> /dev/hdx. This is a little bit inconsistent.
>
> Any comment?
>
> Regards

Is this result from an upgraded system or a newly installed system?

I had to run grub-install with the --recheck option on an upgraded
system. I assume Fedora 7 would have /dev/sdx on new installs.

Jim

--
George Washington was first in war, first in peace -- and the first to
have his birthday juggled to make a long weekend.