Re: /boot/grub/device.map in F7

Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since F7, IDE disks are named /dev/sdx (libata!) and no more /dev/hdx
> (as in previous FCs), but in /boot/grub/device.map they still are called
> /dev/hdx. This is a little bit inconsistent.
>
> Any comment?
>
> Regards

I bet you did an upgrade from an earlier version of Fedora. On a
fresh install of F7 on a system with PATA drives I get:

# this device map was generated by anaconda
(hd0)     /dev/sda
(hd1)     /dev/sdb

You can hand edit the file, use the --recheck option of grub
install, or delete the map file and let grub-install generate a new one.

Mikkel