Re: Removing Grub

At 04:11 AM Friday, 9/7/2007, Jim Cornette wrote -=>
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
On Friday 07 September 2007 08:52:48 you wrote:
On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 08:47:03 +0200

Manuel Arostegui Ramirez <manuel todo-linux com> wrote:
Go to the Windows recovery console (pressing R) and just type:
fixmbr
That should remove grub from your system.
Does "fdisk /mbr" still work on MS Windows?
As far as I know, that method is for DOS based system, not for NT based system
You can try and then tell us :-)
All the best
Manuel

It works fine. I used a W98 startup floppy to remove grub on a computer with XP recently.

So that's why I'm keeping all those old start up disks...

Randomly Generated Quote (186 of 1270):
"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man
who reads nothing but newspapers."   --Thomas Jefferson