FC6 and acroread printing pages with continual reductions

    Has anyone else seen the following behavior? On one of
our Fedora Core 6 i386 workstations, Adobe Acrobat reader
has started to print all documents such that each page is
reduced in size compared to the previous. Interestingly
if we print to a postscript file, this file displays in
the Document Viewer and prints normally without this
progressive reduction. I have tried deleting the users
.adobe preferences directory but this hasn't helped. There
is one posting on the Adobe forums about such a problem
with FC6 but no fixes discussed...

http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc43422

Has anyone found a fix for this issue? At this point,
the only immediate solution I can think of is to
attempt an upgrade install of Fedora 7 and hope that
this purges the problem from this workstation. Thanks in
advance for any advice.
           Jack