Re: Unable to connect with YUM through proxy server

Lets Go Canes wrote:
--- "Vivek J. Patankar" <vivek patankar gmail com> wrote:
	HTTP_PROXY variable has never worked for me.

You mention that your proxy is an ISA Server. Is it authenticated? Getting yum to work with an authenticated proxy is a pain. I personally have never been able to get it to work with an authenticated MS ISA
server.

I use "http_proxy=http://user:password proxy:port" with an
authenticating proxy.  Of course you have to replace the elements
with your info.

Been there, done that, never worked. :-(
But it doesn't matter now (for me atleast). MS ISA got kicked out in favour of Squid. :-)

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218