recommend a free driver video card?

Dave Stevens geek at uniserve.com
Sat Sep 8 00:54:14 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 05 September 2007 15:42, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 15:35:53 -0700
>
> Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com> wrote:
> > I didn't see specific recommendations except to try an Intel
> > mobo with integrated chips. Having just spent a lotta money on a nice
> > Tyan I naturally don't want to do that needlessly.
>
> In view of the current state of video driver "affairs", the Intel
> motherboard and video chipset is still your best choice.
>
> In my humble opinion.
>
> Buying the motherboard first and then looking for a video card was probably
> putting the cart before the horse a bit.

I know it looks lame but there was a lot more to the motherboard specs than
just that video requirement. getting a dual opteron unit socket F with a
large ram capacity was a lot more important, still is. Now I think it will
work out ok.

Dave

--
The Ontario government will spend around $27 billion on nuclear power between
now and 2025 in a bid to keep the lights on in the province. If history is