Fedora 7 Chroot Jail

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Sep 8 01:11:50 UTC 2007

Heddings, Jason wrote:
> I'd like to set up a chroot jail using the F7 installer.  Is this
> possible?
>
> Specifically, I'd like to have the ability to create a minimal
> development environment using the F7 distro.  I'm hoping to even have
> the ability to set it up using anaconda or similar.  My practice to date
> has been using linuxfromscratch.com to build the environment from
> source, but I'd much rather just use an existing distro.
>
> Apologies if this is a well-known issue, I'm a bit new to the chroot
> command and Google didn't turn anything up.
>
> Jason Heddings
> Firmware Engineer
> Imaging Systems, Pelco

Check out mock for building in a chroot.

  rpm -q --info mock
Name        : mock                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 0.7.6                             Vendor: Fedora Project
Release     : 1.fc8                         Build Date: Mon 27 Aug 2007
01:38:46 PM EDT
Install Date: Fri 07 Sep 2007 09:10:10 PM EDT      Build Host:
xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com
Group       : Development/Tools             Source RPM:
mock-0.7.6-1.fc8.src.rpm
Size        : 96358                            License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Thu 30 Aug 2007 09:25:06 PM EDT, Key ID
da84cbd430c9ecf8
Packager    : Fedora Project
URL         : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Projects/Mock
Summary     : Builds packages inside chroots
Description :
Mock takes a srpm and builds it in a chroot

--
George Washington was first in war, first in peace -- and the first to
have his birthday juggled to make a long weekend.