sandisk sansa m240

Michael A Peters mpeters at mac.com
Sat Sep 8 06:16:01 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 13:41 -0700, cromworshipper-fedorastuff at yahoo.com
wrote:

> I have the e280 and I've been struggling with this myself.
> The playlist format is a specially-formatted UTF-16LE text file.  I
> don't like that either.
> I mount mine as a plain USB disk and then use a couple of Python
> scripts I hand-rolled to create playlists.  I actually started writing
> a little GUI for myself using Qt, but I didn't finish it.  Maybe this
> weekend...

I've had a little more success.

First line has to be

#EXTM3U

Then you can add your songs - but they must have a space between them.
IE -

#EXTM3U
foofoo.mp3

foobar.mp3

barfoo.mp3

barbar.mp3

thisisreallyFUBAR.mp3

Furthermore - it seems to want to want dos line breaks - so,

awk 'sub("$", "\r")' unixfile > dosfile

Then I can select the playlist and it shows songs - but when I tried to
play the list, the darned thing froze on me.

I guess I'll try that UTF16-LE thing next and see if maybe that's why.

I have to wonder who the hell programmed it and how they got the job.
It seems majorly broken to me.