Re: Both kernels went bad; can I reinstall from rescue mode?

On 9/7/07, Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste weather3 admin niu edu> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Sep 2007, ne... wrote:
>
> > On 9/7/07, Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste weather3 admin niu edu> wrote:
> >> Hello all,
> >>
> >> Something went wrong and both of my installed kernels got messed up. I
> >> can't boot, but can get into my system from the rescue CD. How do I
> >> reinstall a kernel from there?
> > You need to chroot and reinstall from the rescue cd.
>
> How does one do this? Are there step-by-step instructions anywhere?
When you boot in rescue mode, on of the screens should tell you how to
do chroot.
As for step by step instructions, check the fedora wiki, they might be there.

ne...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.