Re: Problem in vlc

Frank Cox wrote:
On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:37:15 +0200
mostafa <mostafaradwan gmail com> wrote:

I using  fedora7,i have problem in subtitle of VLC ,it did not work.
There is anther problem when i updated vlc packages it run an error: Details
(Missing Dependency: libdts.so.0 is needed by package ffmpeg-libs
Missing Dependency: libx264.so.54 is needed by package ffmpeg-libs
Missing Dependency: libdts.so.0 is needed by package vlc
vlc conflicts with faad2 >= 2.5
Missing Dependency: libx264.so.54 is needed by package vlc
Missing Dependency: faad2 < 2.5 is needed by package ffmpeg-libs)
So What should i do ???? please tell me.

Most of the dependencies that you list are provided through rpms at livna.

Install the livna repository into your Fedora setup, then install VLC using yum
and everything should "just work".

Specific instructions:

Download and install this:

http://rpm.livna.org/livna-release-7.rpm

Then type this at a command prompt (as root):

yum install vlc

That's all there is to it.

Thank you very much