Sound in Fedora7 on a VPC2007 virtual machine?

As can be seen in my thread concerning successful installation of F7
in VPC2007 I am still missing sound support.
It is very strange because if I enter the menu command
System/Administration/Soundcard detection
I get to a window where I can test my emulated soundcard (Soundblaster
16) and it produces really nice sounds.

But when I go to the menu command
System/Preferences/Hardware/Sound and enter the Sounds tab where there
are a number of system sounds to select and test, there is no sound
when I click the play buttons.

So what is the problem here?
(Someone suggested to check the Alsa Mixer, but that did not lead
anywhere).

Bo Berglund