ATI video comes out of the closet

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sat Sep 8 15:24:34 UTC 2007

On Sat, 08 Sep 2007 10:03:51 -0500
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have a lot of windows machines on all the same hardware as has broken
> with fedora, and keep them all updated.  I can't recall any of them ever
> failing to boot after an update, at least in the post win2ksp2 era which
> would be pretty close to the entire lifespan of fedora.

You know, Les, I'm really starting to wonder if you came in the wrong door
somehow by mistake.

This is the Fedora mailing list.  Fedora is a distribution of a Linux operating
system which is by no means perfect, but is substantially more perfect than any
version of MS Windows has ever been or will be in the future (short of a
complete re-architecture and re-write that probably won't ever happen).  This
is due in large part to a different security model and different priorities
than what are found in MS Windows development.

As you apparently have less problems with MS Windows (though I don't see how
that's possible in the real world) and you use a Mac for your personal
computer, you may be a lot happier and find more like-minded people on a
mailing list devoted to either MS Windows or Mac.

Again, this is the Fedora mailing list.

Are you sure you're in the right place?