ATI video comes out of the closet

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Sat Sep 8 20:52:34 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 15:22 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:

> I want a stable kernel and device drivers. The unix-like system call
> interface doesn't need to change every week.

You've used similar phrases a few times in this and related threads, and
it prompts a question:

Is this hyperbole, or are you really suggesting that every time a new
kernel install requires a recompile of an external driver or binary
driver shim, that it's because the API has changed?

I had assumed the former, but the number of times you've said it has
made me start to wonder.
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences