sandisk sansa m240

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Sat Sep 8 21:20:37 UTC 2007

Michael A Peters wrote:
> I've had a little more success.
>
> First line has to be
>
> #EXTM3U
>
> Then you can add your songs - but they must have a space between them.
> IE -
>
> #EXTM3U
> foofoo.mp3
>
> foobar.mp3
>
> barfoo.mp3
>
> barbar.mp3
>
> thisisreallyFUBAR.mp3

It looks like the playlist parser is expecting an extended m3u format.
Instead of blank lines, a typical playlist would look like:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:111,3rd Bass - Al z A-B-Cee z
mp3/3rd Bass/3rd bass - Al z A-B-Cee z.mp3
#EXTINF:462,Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy´s song (VNV Nation rmx)
mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song (Victoria Mix by VNV Nation).mp3
#EXTINF:394,Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song
mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Kathy's Song.mp3
#EXTINF:307,Apoptygma Bezerk - Starsign
mp3/Apoptygma Berzerk/Apoptygma Berzerk - Starsign.mp3
#EXTINF:282,Various_Artists - Butthole Surfers: They Came In
mp3/Butthole_Surfers-They_Came_In.mp3

This is take right from the extended m3u format page at:

http://hanna.pyxidis.org/tech/m3u.html

I don't know anything about the other software problems you mentioned
with the sansa.

As far as replacing an iPod battery, if you haven't checked out
http://www.ipodhowtovideo.com/ , it may be worth a look.  I haven't
had to replace any of the batteries in my iPod's yet.  I checked out
similar videos before I bought my 4th gen a few years ago, and it
seemed like something I could do on my own, so I went ahead with the
purchase.

It'd definitely be nice if it were a little simpler though.  :)

There is no end to the laws, and no beginning to the execution of
them.
    -- Mark Twain