I'm ready to give up Linux!!

Guo Lin golvin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 02:45:48 UTC 2007

Hi 'MoonShine',

>From what I have read from your posts so far, I would suggest you to read
more about Linux for now. It seems like you switch to Fedora without knowing
much about Linux and that causes you many problems.

Linux OSes have very much different architecture from Windows OSes. Files
with .exe extension are Windows-only executable program. In Linux, files
usually do not even need an extension to be recognized. Due to different
architecture designs, supposedly all Windows programs do not run on Linux.
Fortunately we have this WINE project. It is also a program that tries to
make Linux being able to run Windows program. But by having WINE, it does
not mean everything on Windows can just be run on Linux. There are some do
and others don't. I think you really have mistaken Linux as some kind of
total replacement of Windows in every aspect.

And in Linux, not everything runs on-the-fly. For example for Internet
connection, sometimes you may need to set up your ISP's DNS server address
and things like that.

I suggest you to read more about Linux first. There are plenty of guides for
beginners you can find from the Internet. And be ready to have lots of
googling-around when you are using Linux.

Those are my suggestions.

Regards,
Guo Lin