How to install Fedora 7 to a CF card connected via IDE-CF adapter?

Andrew Junev a-j at a-j.ru
Sun Sep 9 17:32:28 UTC 2007

Has anyone tried to install Fedora 7 to a CF card connected via IDE-CF
adapter? I tried it on several different systems with no success.

I got the card (Transcend CF 4Gb) detected in MB BIOS as a 4Gb IDE
HDD. But then Fedora installer doesn't seem to find the target drive.
I don't remember the error message exactly, but it's saying something
that it can't find the drive and proposes to load additional storage
driver (by choosing it from a list or by adding one via floppy). If I
connect a normal IDE HDD to the same controller instead of the CF
card, Fedora installs just fine.

So, has somebody had any successful experience instaling Fedora to a
CF card?

Thanks!

--
Best regards,