Re: Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

I think that the objectives for the GPL license and well known and have
been for quite some time.

And I don't want to have that discussion again.  But for developers who
use the GPL but aren't GPL fanatics, I would ask them to consider a
"FOSS exception" such as the one MySQL includes for the GPL version of
their software
(http://www.mysql.com/company/legal/licensing/foss-exception.html).

Better yet, dual-license it with something less restrictive than the GPL so fanatics on either side can't restrict each other from using the code. Larry Wall is a smart guy and figured this out for perl long ago, and everyone has benefited from it.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com