Clock Sources Explanation For x86_64 -- acpi_pm, jiffies, tsc -- Virtualization Imapct -- VMWare, Xen

Here are the clock sources my Fedora 7 x86_64 kernel considers to be available:

[root bobcp4 ~]# cat /sys/devices/system/clocksource/clocksource0/available_clocksource
acpi_pm jiffies tsc

Where can I find an explanation of these -- is there a writeup that can help me decide which one is best to use?

My system is using acpi_pm. How would this impact VMWare or Xen guests?

Thanks

Bob Cochran