Re: Minimum services

Martin Hooper wrote:
What are the minimum services that you need to load up at boot?

Need a list so I can speed up my booting somewhat as it seems to me
that there are a load of stuff starting at boot that I really don't
need.

During boot the things loaded are done so under the command of init. The init bash file was written by a real pro and it loads just what must be loaded before the system can boot up to x windows which you see as being "up". I watch what init loads and after I yum installed a nVIDIA fix I noticed that init now turns on the nVIDIA fix every time it boots.

   Do not mess with init :-)

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User