Re: Fedora philosophy (was ATI video comes out of the closet)

Tim wrote:
sort of like saying that if you have the resources you could assemble a fleet of custom built cars from parts and maintain them yourself instead of driving standard models. Yes it could be done.
It's just not a good idea, and not something most places should have
to do. Especially with free software where it should only have to be
done once and everyone should be able to copy it.

Okay...  But it looks like, that in this case, the someone who creates
this system is going to be YOU for everyone else, rather than someone
else for you to be one of the others.

No, we'll keep using Windows on the desktop until someone makes a usable replacement that doesn't take massive customization. For the same reasons that we wouldn't build cars from parts.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com