Fedora 7 telnet-server problem

I am having an issue with the telnet-server for Fedora 7. I set up 3 machines with F7 in the last week, and followed the same procedure with all of them. I installed telnet-server with the following procedure:

yum install telnet-server
edited the appropriate xinetd.d file to turn on telnet
restarted xinetd

On the first two machines, telnet worked fine. On the last install I did, I encountered a problem with the telnet-server. When I try to telnet into this server, I get the following message:

Trying 192.168.2.72...
Connected to 192.168.2.72.
Escape character is '^]'.
getaddrinfo: localhost: Success
Name or service not known: Illegal seek
Connection closed by foreign host.

I have never seen this error before. It happens when I try to telnet to the machine from itself, as well. What could cause this? I can't seem to find much information about this problem. I do know about ssh and use that as well (ssh works on this machine), but I do need to have telnet working too.

Thanks!
Dan

--
SCANNED for viruses and